Community Choice offers leadership training in Chronic Pain, Chronic Disease, and Diabetes Self-Management. As a Lay Leader, you learn how to teach and facilitate our workshops. This Winter we are offering training in Diabetes Self-Management (English and Spanish) as well as Chronic Pain Self-Management. Take your pick, sign-up and hope you enjoy the Disease Self-Management Education journey!
About Our Chronic Disease Self-Management Leader Training
- Trainings are in English and Spanish for most programs.
- Each training is 32 hours, divided into four days.
- We provide the cost of the Leader Certification.
- We provide the food during training.
- We provide materials including the Leader's Manual (the book Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions by Lorig, Sobel, Laurent, González and Minor may incur a fee).
- To maintain certification as a Lay Leader, individuals will teach one workshop a year after have received the certification.
- Leaders receive $200 per workshop taught.